Tank help

N

nathan

hey guys this is my first time posting something so i was just wanting to know where to buy a tank devider i want to have land and water and stuff like that but i cant find anything for a ten gallon tank if some onecould help me out thanks nathan}}}

nathan, I made a 50/50 tank using a vertical piece of glass as divider, but I was never happy with it. Consider this: if half of a 10-gallon tank is land, and the divider is 6 inches high, you will end up with less than 3 gallons of water volume. It is not realistic to maintain decent water quality with so small of a volume. I would suggest using a glass plate (or something) positioned horizontally like a shelf, or some kind of island. What species are you keeping? That might help people give you suggestions for setups.

o thanks i have four fb newts and i need a pump still and i kinda want to make like a streem that flows down into the water off the island thing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back