Didn't see any salamanders today, but I may have seen an Eastern Fox Snake (Elaphe gloydi), can anyone confirm this?

N

nicholas

Here is a picutre of the snake I saw, can anyone confirm if this is anEastern Fox Snake (Elaphe gloydi)?

13c3fed9.jpg

Also, I saw at least ten Western Chorus Frogs (Pseudacris triseriata triseriata). When I got to a swampy area to look for salamanders, they were everywhere. Do they often live in the same conditions as salamanders?

St.jpg

(Message edited by xamphibiax on October 07, 2004)

Great find with the eastern fox snake! They have a very small range which is mostly along the Lake Huron Shoreline, and I myself have never seen one, even though my parents and several family members live well within their range.
Out of curiosity, where did you spot it?

Dont worry about me searching for or collecting the threatened species, I just saw that his location is Algonac, and was wondering if he was able to spot them there.

Good point though, Mike. I guess we should keep those exact locations quiet, at least in public forums, as anyone who visits the site could see it.

Mark, I saw the Fox Snake (Elaphe gloydi), in Algonac, so you were correct about them being near the cost of Lake Huron.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back