Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

International amphibian day

A

alex

who here is going to international amphibian day.what is it like.

E

edward

I will be there and I will be conducting a workshop on amphibian nutrition.

Ed

A

alex

crazy.gif
they sell amphibians at iad too or is it all educational.

E

edward

No there is a sale on both days as well as an auction on Sunday.
I think the IAD site has been updated, you should check there.

Ed

F

foster

I was planning on going however I may have to work on that Saturday, which is too bad because I was looking forward to the lectures. I may go to the Carolina show in Raleigh that Sunday instead though.
Chip

L

leah

Ed, would it be possible for you to post some of that amphibian nutrition info here? Or even email it to me? It's something I've only just started to really look into, and I'd love to read what you have to say!

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I'll definately have axolotls. I'll probably have 5 types. I might have juvenile fire salamanders and Triturus. Other than that salmon pellets, dart frogs, etc. Some other people might put a few salamanders at my table. Their are usually some nice salamanders for sale at the show but it is mostly dart frogs.

A

alex

what types of salamanders do they have for sale usually and in the auction will they be auctioning off amphibians.

E

edward

There are occasionally amphibians in the auction. It depends on what they get for donations.
The only salamanders that can be sold there are cb ones.

Ed

E

edward

Hi Leah,
Its a lot to just post.....

I do comment on nutritional issues as I catch them though..

Ed

E

edward

Also for those who are interested,
unless there is a cancellation, Dr. Max Nickerson (author of The Hellbenders) will be there to speak on hellbender conservation and ecology as part of the Saturday night talks.

Ed

E

edward

Hi Leah,
The last I checked what I had accumelated was summerized in 35 type written pages excluding photos.....

Ed

F

foster

Ed,
I do not want to start a flood of requests but if you decide to make this available I would be interested in a copy as well (I'll pay for any material and time costs).
Chip

J

joshua

Hmm, maybe it could be put into the caudata magazine. What do you think Ed?

E

edward

It technically is in press but production costs are holding the entire thing up. If it doesn't fly then I would seriously consider offering some or all of it for the caudata magazine.

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1