Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Looking for enthusiasts in NEW YORK

F

fabrizio

Hello to everyboby.
I'm Italian and I've been living in New York City for 3 months. I'm 15 and very fond of reptiles and amphibians! I'm desperately looking for some reptiles enthusiasts (both of my age or adults) here, near my house because I don't have any and I'm suffering without talking about my passion.
My e-mail is fabrizio_livigni@yahoo.it. If you live in New York City, in Long Island, or wherever is near by Nassau County, please contact me!!

Thanks,
Fabrizio.

U

uwe

Hi Fabrizio,

I was living close to NY some years ago. There is a herp society (NYHS, http://www.nyhs.org/). There are enthusiasts both for amphibians and (mainly) for reptiles. I think Mike Hano is the "president", whom I knew pretty well at that time. They are pretty active and have a meeting with a talk every month. I once gave there a talk about German Amphibians.
Check them out and Say hello to Mike and Luis de Armas (newt friend).

Uwe

F

fabrizio

Thank you very much, Uwe.

I'm still open to receive other posts from anybody.

Fabrizio.

F

fabrizio

Hi,
I'll add that I like very much amphibians, mainly caudates. I also love lizards.

At the moment I keep 1 Hyla versicolor, 1 Ambystoma maculatum, 1 Kaloula pulchra and two Notophtalmus viridescens. I'm expecting for some fire salamanders and then other animals.

I wrote 4 articles in Italian, 3 for "Il Mio Acquario" and 1 for "Reptilia & Co".

Best regards,
Fabrizio.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!