Bring what?

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Michael Shrom
im getting 2 c. orientalis tommorow and i dont know what to bring to the petstore with me.will they give be a bag and fill it up half way like fish?help!

Hi Michael,

That is how I bring my newts home - via petshop bag (but then, I go straight home). You can also get a small "critter keeper", or use a food safe container such as those made by Gladware, etc. Just poke a few holes in the lid. Good luck with your new newts!
happy.gif

Justin,

I wouldn't be too worried about what they'll give you to take your newts home...

Then again I purchased 5 leptopelis vermiculatus (Big-eyed treefrogs) from a pet store yesterday, and they put them in a large brown paper grocery bag stapled closed!
errr.gif

Luckily I didn't have a very far drive.

<font color="ff0000">This post has been moved to the General Discussion area from the Fire-Belly Newts area because the subject matter is general.</font>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back