Cynops orientalis

S

sean

Although I wasnt planning on getting any anytime soon I have ended up with two very healthy looking Cynops. While at the mall last Friday I dipped in the pet store because I was bored and saw that they had just got in about 10 C.O. and 4 Taricha. Unfortunatly they had them housed together but I was suprised to see they were housed in a 20 long in a cool part of the store with plenty of rocks to climb out on and some live plants. These were in great condition which is something I am not used to seeing so I got two C.O. The funny thing about it is my wife doesnt know and I have them hid until the new tank cycles. She did ask me why I had set up a new tank and I told here it was a sick tank for my Notos. She is going to be pretty hot when she finds out the truth! All in all,I am glad to see some healthy looking imports for a change!

Tell your wife to piss off. JK. LOL. Have fun with the new arrivals.

She actually found them a couple days after I posted this. She gave me a strange little smile that can only mean trouble.

doesnt sound good... i hope you dont have to get rid of them. cynops oreintalis are a great newt. i have one (or is it a pyrrhogaster?). same diff

Congrats
happy.gif

I get that same little smile from my husband every time I bring home more newts or more houseplants, hehe. I hope your wife deals with it as well as he usually does, hehe.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back