My Heart is Won!

M

marcus

Hey guys!

I know it has been a while since I've posted, but I promise I have been lurking about, reading posts from time to time.

Yesterday I was lurking in my local mega-pet store and I noticed a tank with african clawed frogs, "orange-belly newts" and japanese fire belly newts in it. It is very rare to see California newts here and I couldn't bare to see them in with the fire bellies and frogs, so I bought the three.

I put them in a 10 gallon terrarium as a temporary habitation. They are all bout 4 to 5 inches long. Two are dark coloured and one is light.

I observed one eat today and I have to say that my heart is won. I have cared for fire bellies, paddle tails, and various triturus but there guys rock!

What personalities! Viva la T. Tarosa!

I doubt you have T. torosa; these are rare in the pet trade. They're probably granulosa. If you could post pics, someone could tell you for sure.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures but I did look closer, and you were right. Serves me right to trust what a pet store labels them as. I should know better.

But they still have great personalities!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back