General Meeting of the Dutch Salamander Society

S

sergé

On the 18th of september the Dutch Salamander society (www.salamanders.nl) will have their annual meeting in De Oliemeulen in Tilburg (in the south of the Netherlands).
There will be lectures on keeping an breeding the different subspecies of Banded newt (Triturus vittatus), on breeding the Spotted Mole salamander (Ambystoma maculatum) for the third year in a row in a garden, on prevention of diseases and a lecture on the Solling fire salamanders.
Besides that there is an exchange market of captive bred animals and other stuff related to salamanders. Lectures will be in dutch, but if you all turn up, I'll make sure english translations will be done directly
biggrin.gif

So, with this message I invite you to come!
More information will be published on our website or you can always contact me for more information.

I've got to confess I'm tempted (thanks for the program - do you mind if I post it on the site?). I'm more tempted by this than by Gersfeld for various reasons, all innocent, I assure you. Any ideas on how to get there, say from Schiphol Airport/Amsterdam? I've a fair knowledge of the political geography of the Netherlands and I've been there before.

Hi John,

you can post the program, of course!
There are some more people already thinking of coming (Mike East for instance) so perhaps you could come together? When arriving by air you can get a train to Tilburg. But if you arrive on friday you can come and stay over.
I already proposed to him he could stay over at my place in Nijmegen (which is near the german border). Saves you some money...(then my place is more or less filled).
But if there are more people coming I am sure we can find you places to sleep. Beside dutch and flemish people also some french will come...

Oeps...I saw that on the program my old e-mail adres is written, but anyway...you can contact me here if you want!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back