Is this a good amount of food

J

jake

haw much food would 2 adult african bull frogs + 2 tiger salamanders + 4 fire salamanders eat in a week and would it be more than a box of crickets + 1 box of wax worms + 2 boxes of red worms a week and every other week have 1 box of crickets + 1 box of wax worms and every month give the tigers + the bull frogs a pinky mouse each

Well How many crickets, red worms and waxworms to each box.

Nobody can answer such a question, there are too many unknowns. How many food items are in each package? How large are the animals? What is the temperature? (They eat more when warm.) And even if we knew these things, there is still a lot of variability between animals.

Is your concern how much the animals should be eating, or how much money you need to spend on food? If it's cost, there may be less expensive foods you could use, such as earthworms from outdoors.

The important thing is that the animals stay at a healthy weight. There should never be leftover food in the tank for any length of time (including live crickets, which can munch on the sals' skin). Feed them as much as they want, but not so much that there are leftovers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back