Caudata.org UK meet numbers

morg

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Morg
The planned meet up in Sheffield is getting very close now and we need to know numbers for the pub lunch.
Could you please either post here or email me if you will be going.
For anybody who does not know about the meet, please see other thread entiltled caudata.org uk meet.

We have a tentative pub booking now, for 1pm on Saturday 13th. Those wishing to join in should email me directly for directions to my house if you want to come here first, or to the pub if you are thinking of going straight there.

Please don't leave it too late as we need numbers as soon as possible.

Anyone needing a lift from Sheffield railway station should also let me have details so that I can co-ordinate this, too.

Please note - I don't check the website very often so please get in touch through my email address (chris.mattison@btinternet.com) Make sure the message does not look like spam - these get deleted very rapidly!

We are looking forward to meeting you!

Chris

Hi Morg

i was planning to come

Now I'm unemployed and own less than £10 so I think I may stay in..... for a change......
nono.gif

Hope you all enjoy it though
wink.gif

I aim to be at the railway station around 11am and can pick 3 people (plus me) up. I can either drive directly to the pub or to Chris's house - which is best Chris?
We need some way of recognizing each other at the station (novelty newt hats?) and a meeting point - can you suggest a good one Chris (it's many a long year since I was at Sheffield station)?

Anybody arriving at the rail station could look out for an aging punk rocker[41yr old] with a short either blue or green mohican hair cut, wearing a dead kennedys t-shirt,and a jacket with either a dead kennedys patch or Leeds Utd patch.
That should be me unless theres somebody else of that description at Sheffield rail station that day.
My mobile number, should anybody need to contact me on the day for any reason is 07743 483181

Wish I could come but I am in sweden then again...

Wow, I love your style Morg!
One thing though, do you only have dead kennedys t-shirts or have you planned what to wear already?
I mean you are unsure of your hair colour but you know what t-shirt to wear! I like that!
biggrin.gif

Nope I have lots of t-sirts its just that the Dead Kennedys are my favourite band, so I almost always wear one of my many DK t-shirts these days.

It is a pity you are not in the UK Jesper,and able to attend.

Also a pity there are a few who wanted to come along but have had to cancel this time, including Claire Peterson and Mike East, but I am sure there will be other meets, so maybe next time.

I'm not worried about recognizing Morg ;-) just everyone else!

<font color="ff0000">By the way, I absolutely positively demand, require and instruct that someone takes a group photo of all that attend the meeting so we can put it on the web site. If the photo isn't taken and put up here none of you may show your faces on the site again!
happy.gif
</font>

John
Yes, I have been in touch with Paris on the suject of newts a few times.

Regarding the photos Im afraid Im still living in the past and do not own a digi camera, but Im sure pics of the day will be taken and posted by somebody.

Caudata.org fundraising:
I have the following available I can bring to the meet. Five quid a pop, all proceeds to Caudata.org. Let me know in advance if you are interested:

Anubias (spoken for by Morg)

Vallisneria

Hornwort

Malaysian trumpet snails

Grindalworm starters

Springtails (good for small anurans, never tried them with new caudate morphs)

Hey Alan, how about writing us an article on plants *grin*. Thanks for he fundraising gesture!

I'd happily do that, but not possible at present - maybe for the next issue?
Might be able to give you a brief report of the meet though!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back