Tylototriton pics needed

P

philipp

Good evening
As some of you might know,
am I one of those people who would like to be added to the genus Tylototriton;-).
Unfortunately,
this is not possible and that´s why I try to get as much information as possible.
If there´s enough money in my pocket,
I go buying books,
in which nearly nothing´s understandable,
except some fotographs and latin names.
But the customer´s never satisfied,
and therefore i´m still looking for different pics
(only for my private use!).
Does anyone of you have pictures of Tylototriton (verrucosus)sp(p?) from Vietnam,Laos, Darjeeling(India)?
-I have seen pics from specimens from Thailand (at least three "forms")and Nepal in various books,
and a friend of mine keeps T.verrucosus,
which seem to originate from Myanmar.(If you believe in what a pet trader tells you;-))
Different pics of "T.verrucosus" were already mentioned on this pages.
Greetings (especially to,...I think you know;-))
and thanks for every answer,
Philipp

Hi Philipp,

There are a lot of forms. I've seen 3 variants in person so far. Unfortunately, you'll never find reliable origin information for any through the pet trade. Not even the original wholesaler can tell you the exact country of origin with certainty.

So unless you intend to mount a collecting expedition to the Far East, I wouldn't get your hopes up on this
sad.gif
, nor would I take what you've been told as being the truth unless the person collected the animals in the wild himself/herself.

Thank you John
That´s exactly the problem!But for the Specimens from Thailand, Darjeeling and Nepal,
there are actually people, who found them in the natural habitat!(Thailand: only 2 Forms can be seriously found with further data in my books)
Another friend of mine found those those animals in their habitats!That´s the reason why I do believe those mentioned books!
The reason why i was posting this thread is,
that there actually do exist pics of Tylototriton sp.(p?)from Vietnam,
and I would be very happy to have them in my tiny little computer or elsewhere.
So think about this young guy from germany,
if you get any of such interesting pictures,
folks!
Greetings,
Philipp

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back