Laws on newts in the UK

I

ian

Hi everyone
happy.gif

I am hoping someone can help me out with a question. I was given a Hong Kong newt about 4 years ago from a friend at work that was moving to Germany. I said I would take him because there was no where for the little fella to live.

Just recently I have been looking into the laws on newts in the UK and I am begining to become concerned that I am not suppose to have it.

Can anyone please clear this up for me, I am a bit confused.

I do know that my friend had the newt for a good 5 years prior to giving him to me, so that would make him around 10 years old if not older.

I keep him well looked after and in as natural condition as I can to his native habitat.

Its just this little concern hanging over my head that is worrying me.

Thanks for any help
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back