Camera

F

froggy

what's a good but relatively nexpensive dig. cam for taking pics of newts with

If you just want the pics for Web use, any little <$100 PC camera would do. Try to get one with a zoom .

unregistered...!
Not entirely true. If you have a decent camera, then you will get a picture than if you took the same one with a <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> camera... but I get your point...
Swan, thanks, I will surf around and try to find a deal that suits me

Me again, the 'red' word is not a bad swear word or any thing, hust simply c.....p, and nothing worse.
Chris

What kind of camera do you think the following picture was taken with?
taricha-small.jpg

I have no idea, Swan. I don't have a clue about cameras which is why I started this thread in the first place!]
Chris

This pic was taken with a Minolta Dimage s404 4.0 Megapixel digital camera. ($450-500.US) Price matters for quality, size, and features.

here's a picture (uncompressed 250,000K , BIG)

You must Click HERE to see the entire picture. AS YOU can see in this sample pic, with a higher end camera you can literally see the skin texture, etc... of the newt. This was ORIGINALLY taken at a "smaller setting" of 2272x1704 with Quality set at "fine" This results in a uncompressed Jpeg file, or you could go "higher" to SUPER fine which would be a GIANT tiff file. The typical image storage room for a TIFF is around 12MB for a 2272x1704 and 2MB for a Jpeg "fine" at the same size.

Click HERE to see FULL PIC below

BIG_girlT.jpg

Chris, the first pic was taken with a <$100 webcam. Resolution is fine for images for a Web page (I think we saved this at 100dpi, but could have gone higher, I think).
May not be good enough for nice print quality, though.
If you want really fine detail, go for a "real" digital camera, like Steve suggests.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back