Newts in the Bay Area

mike

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Mike East
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a newt breeders/pet stores in the Nor Cal Bay Area that have C. Orientalis? For some reason, I can't locate any at all
sad.gif

Hi Mike,

I live in the Bay Area and often times C.orientalis are sold in every fish shop.
sad.gif
These are 99.99% all WC, imported from Asia. Sad but true.

That being said, please drop me a private note, I have juvenile cb orientalis (which are harder to keep alive, so I need to know your experience with caudates.)

Actually Pin...I would think that WC orientalis would be just as hard...seeing the shape they often come in.

Joseph, yes that is true. I was more thinking from the viewpoint that juveniles can starve to death in a shorter amount of time and tend to need "smaller" food items, which may make them difficult for beginners.

Just curious, but how do you check for notes?

By "note", Pin-pin meant e-mail. If you go to anyone's user profile (click their name), it gives a click-on option to send that person an e-mail, even if their e-mail address isn't shown.

Er, notes? Usually my animals haven't resorted to leaving me notes. (Just kidding)

I replied to the e-mail you provided in your registration, in this case your hotmail account with the name damaclesXX. (XX being edited for your privacy)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back