TIGER SALMANDER NOT EATING

G

guy

as above it isnt eating it is in a 20 gallon tank and is about 6 inches long,2 days ago it ate but know wont even if i put a kricket in front of it HELP!
sad.gif

I wouldn't panic if I were you. It's probably still digesting the crickets it ate two days ago. Salamanders don't necessarily have to be fed every day, or even every other day, especially if they gorged themselves at the last feeding. But then again, Tigers are known for their hearty appetites, so a lack of interest in food could indicate a problem. You'd need to provide more details on how you're keeping it, and then maybe somebody experienced with this kind of salamander could advise you...

(and by the way, this should have been posted in the Newt and Salamander Help discussion area
happy.gif
)

(Message edited by TJ on September 26, 2003)

I wouldn't worry yet.
One of my tiger sals used to eat huge amounts at times, but also had times when it would stay buried in the substrate and not eat anything at all for weeks on end.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back