Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

A Cautionary Tale

neil

Reaction score
Being difficult to obtain (in our garden at least), at this time or year, I've been buying lobworms mail order from Wiggly Wigglers.
I missed the postman this week, and unfortunately he took the package with the aforementioned worms back to the depot in the town centre for personal collection.
As I was unable to pick the worms up for two days I was somewhat concerned that they may not have been stored at the required cool temperature, and was fearing for their safety.
How right I was!!
The smell of decomposing worms had pervaded the post office, and caused some alarmed glances when my daughter had to bring them home on the bus. They must have thought that university students smell even worse these days.
Rachael then put the package in the garage rather than straight outside, creating a smell like the proverbial charnal house.
It's taken 24 hours to sanitise the house, and the newts still haven't any worms to eat.
Time to get the spade out (sigh)

Neil

M

mitch

yikes

if by spade you mean youre going to hae to bury your newts because they are to die of starvation, theres GOT to be alternatives.

if you mean youre going to tunnel below the frost to pluck icy worms, theres GOT to be an alternative as well
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!