Feeding newts

J

joel

I've been feeding my cynops orientalis and paramesotritons a diet of frozen bloodworms since I bought them and nothing else. I've been wondering if its healthy to feed them one type of food.

I've tried feeding them some young ghost shrimps 4 months ago but the same amount of ghost shrimps are still well and alive today in the tank. They also ignored mealworms which the ghost shrimps consumed later on.

Should I attempt to feed my newts pellets? and is it healthy to feed only bloodworms?

have you tried small earth worms they like them.
tony.

I've managed to catch an earthworm in my garden. However I can see through its body that there is soil in the worm, is it safe to be fed? if not what should I do?

the worms are safe for them to eat as long as there is no weed killer on ground .

what about the earth/soil in the worm? Will it harm the newt?

Actually, the "gut contents" of earthworms are often a source of calcium and other nutrients. Not to worry!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back