I'm not dead yet!

P

paris

hi guys, just wanted to drop in very quick and say hi. I am in Utah right now but have to get some sort of internet arrangement set up (looking into the library). i havent got a place that would take me and my cat -so i left her behind with roomates and am camping for at least the first month. i want to make a sort of blog posting about this job. i will try to post a bit when i can in the frog section.

for those that dont know, i am working for the state of utah (division of wildlife resources - aquatics). we are studying the columbia spotted frog (Rana luteiventris) and the Boreal toad (Bufo boreas), its a 6 month position. after the frog work is done we will switch to fish work. originally i thought it would only be a month or so of frog work, but it is actually more like 3 months of amphibian work. mostly its hiking around remote locations looking for egg masses and recording the data on them. from this they can guess the number of breeding adults in the region.

i hope to get some internet soon, as i have lots of pictures already. i havent seen the local tiger salamanders yet but they do breed in some of that same areas. if i get some time off (comp time -we do 50-60 hour work weeks) i may scoot over to california for a week.

if anyone really needs to get a hold of me, jenni has my cell number. weekends and after 9 pm are best.

I can't wait to see those pics.
biggrin.gif

Hello Paris good luck
I wait for your next permanent address to send you my book

Paris

Try [[Admin edit]] for tiger larva, it's loaded.

We were just out there skiing last month, I truly do and don't miss living there!

RUSS

(Message edited by jennewt on March 23, 2007)

Good luck, Paris.

Sorry, Russ, I had to edit your post. Public mention of specific localities for finding animals is verboten.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back