Ants in my pants and everywhere!

J

jesse

i jsut gotta rant. These ants are really getting me upset. They are everywhere i keep my animals in the garadge. and these little buggers are everywhere eating the crickets and bugging the craps out of my caudates and lizards ruight now i jsut fisnished putting vaseline on the glass of my tanks to keep them out, anyone got any good ways to keep the ants away?

little ant traps... since these aren't spray, and the ants go to them, you just have to worry about your caudates escaping and getting into them. Maybe you could try double sided tape too?

yeah i tried those ant traps with my garden slenders and one ended up getting in it and died
sad.gif

If your cricket container is not too large, you can put the entire container in a shallow bowl of water. Ants apparently can't leave their scent trail over water.

I don't know if this product will help.

http://www.victorpest.com/aerosols.htm

To keep ants from entering the house (or anywhere else) sprinkle baby powder on entry points. The ants won't cross and it is safe around pets and children. Bonus, smells nice too!

All ants hate both pepper and salt, you could use it in someway. I have heard that cinnamon also works.

I heard you can use windex periodically(in combination with some other method) to clear the chemical trails they leave

There is a paintable teflon product that is used to keep ants in containers. I looked for the link as I thought I had saved it but no luck.

Try a search with fire ant and teflon and look for the published papers where it was used to keep the ants in the study arenas. I think it is sold in quart quantities for about $75.

Ed

Like Jake mentioned, sprinkle cinnamon on the ant trails. The ants will not cross it. It really works. Ask my mother...she's been telling me this for thirty years.

You can try also to draw some lines with chalk everywhere they climbs, they will just fall!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back