Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Nickerson and Mays (hellbender book) available from CNAH

E

erik

I know several people have been searching for this book. You can now get a facsimile copy from the CNAH:

------------------------------------------------

NEWS RELEASE
The Center for North American Herpetology Lawrence, Kansas http://www.cnah.org
12 December 2005

A NEW HERPETOLOGICAL FACSIMILE REPRINT SERIES sponsored by The Center for North American Herpetology

THE HERPETOLOGY OF HISPANIOLA by DORIS COCHRAN CNAH Facsimile Reprint Number 1 Original Year of Publication: 1941 Facsimile Year of Publication: 2005 vii + 398 pp. Softbound
ISBN: 1-885209-00-2
Price: $29.95 a copy (postage paid)

A REVISION OF THE KINGSNAKES: GENUS LAMPROPELTIS by FRANK N. BLANCHARD CNAH Facsimile Reprint Number 2 Original Year of Publication: 1921 Facsimile Year of Publication: 2005 vi + 260 pp. Softbound
ISBN: 1-885209-45-2
Price: $22.95 a copy (postage paid)

THE POISONOUS SNAKES OF NORTH AMERICA by LEONHARD STEJNEGER CNAH Facsimile Reprint Number 3 Original Year of Publication: 1895 Facsimile Year of Publication: 2005
151 pp. Softbound
ISBN: 1-885209-47-9
Price: $17.95 a copy (postage paid)

VARIATIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS IN THE SNAKES OF THE GENUS PITUOPHIS by OLIVE GRIFFITH STULL CNAH Facsimile Reprint Number 4 Original Year of Publication: 1940 Facsimile Year of Publication: 2005 vi + 225 pp. Softbound
ISBN: 1-885209-46-0
Price: $19.95 a copy (postage paid)

THE HELLBENDERS by MAX ALLEN NICKERSON & CHARLES EDWIN MAYS CNAH Facsimile Reprint Number 5 Original Year of Publication: 1972 Facsimile Year of Publication: 2005 viii + 106 pp. Softbound
ISBN: 1-885209-43-6
Price: $12.95 a copy (postage paid)

Pricing above includes postage by media mail within the United States. A free shipping option is valid through 31 December 2005.

With the publication of these five selections, THE CENTER FOR NORTH AMERICAN HERPETOLOGY is pleased to initiate its facsimile reprint series, produced and published in cooperation with Eric Thiss of Serpent's Tale & Zoo Book Sales.
The CNAH facsimiles are designed to make available long out-of-print herpetological works about North America and adjoining countries in order to better serve the academic community. Titles will be issued as they become available to the public domain. Suggestions for future titles on North American herpetology are appreciated; let CNAH know what you want.
For this initial offering, we are grateful to our sponsors, Touchstone Energy, Westar Energy, and the R. A. Javitch Natural History Rare Book Foundation for their support. Russ Gurley of Living Art and Bob & Sheri Ashley of ECO donated in-kind services as well.
CNAH is a non-profit 501c3 foundation devoted to promoting the preservation and conservation of North American amphibians, turtles, reptiles, and crocodiles through education and information. For more information about CNAH, visit our web site at

http://www.cnah./org

NOTE: A discount of 20% per book (30% for the set of five) is offered to all individuals, organizations, and corporations that have contributed a minimum of $25.00 to CNAH (check the CNAH Donors list on the CNAH web site to see if you qualify). Other individuals wishing to qualify for this discount should send their CNAH donation of $25.00 or more (fully tax deductible) directly to Serpents Tale (address and payment methods below).

To order a copy of any or all of these CNAH facsimiles, contact:

Serpents Tale/Zoo Book Sales
403 Parkway Avenue North
P. O. Box 405
Lanesboro, Minnesota 55949-0405

Telephone: (507)467-8733
Webpage: www.zoobooksales.com
E-mail or PayPal to: zoobooks@acegroup.cc Personal checks, money orders, Visa , Mastercard, or Paypal accepted as payment.

E

erik

sorry I posted this in the wrong forum!
sad.gif

A

abrahm

New (or kind of new) salamander books always interest me and the cryptobranchids have always been interesting to me. I'm just curious as to what exactly is a facsimile in relation to books? Is it just a set of essentially photocopied pages or printed off computer sheets or are these actual bound books? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1