UK Meet thanx

morg

Reaction score
Country
England
Display Name
Morg
I have just returned home from the caudata.org UK meet in Sheffield.

I am sure that somebody else will be writing a review of the day, but I would like to thank all who attended.
Special thanx must go to Chris and Gretchen Mattison for thier hospitality,teas coffees cake and slideshow.
Also for sorting out the pub for the lunch.

As well as the above, big thanks must go to Alan Cann for driving us non drivers around through the day.

Sorry to the people who could not make it in the end, especialy to Martin Davies and Phil Gilmartin who had to cancel late on, but hopefully this wil be the first of many meets.

THE BEST DAY I'VE HAD FOR A LONG TIME SAYS CAUDATE FAN.
If you weren't there, rue the day!
Just let me agree with everything Morg said, especially huge thanks to Chris and Gretchen for their hospitality. Lots of people went home very happy, clutching all sorts of bags and boxes (How's the frog, Froggy?).
And yes John, there will be a photo coming from Chris
happy.gif

Much as we like to bask in un-deserved glory I should say that we did very little compared to the others who came. A special mention to Froggy, who made a heroic journey from Kent, and Caleb who travelled almost as far from the opposite direction. Alan did a great job of taxi-ing several people around and, last but not least, Morg did more than anyone to co-ordicate the event and bring it to fruition. (And we should mention the Maynard Arms for finding room for us at the last minute.)

We hope to see all of you again sometime soon. Hopefully, this will be the first of many meetings in different parts of the country, so that more people can attend.

Chris and Gretchen

(Photo to follow in a day or two.)

Green toads fine, in with the others now, and took vit dusted waxworms from hand this morning.

For those who are interested, i just posted my new Tv setup over on:
Photo Gallery » Aquarium setup pictures needed!

Well, you asked for it. I'll leave you to figure out who's who. Thanks for taking the photo, Gretchen. (And no, I don't think a copyright notice will be necessary on this one!)

9748.jpg

For the technically-minded (and in view of another thread elsewhere) the photo was taken with a Canon 10D, then reduced to 500 pixels along the longest size at 72dpi. The original would have had enough resolution for a decent A3 print.

Anyway, thanks for coming everyone.

Chris

Left to right.
Alan Cann, Chris, Morg,Caleb Leeke,Chris Mattison.

A bunch of likely lads
happy.gif
. It's nice to put some faces to names - thanks for taking the photo
happy.gif

Yeah, nice of ya!
happy.gif

Hopefully I can join the UK meets sometime in the future - Then I really hope to see a lot more faces than five!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back