Pet shop confusion

I

ian

I recently visited a new pet shop in the area because the one i normally use had run out of blood worm.I noticed a sign on one of the tanks advertising fire bellied newts , the tank contained eight newts all but two in poor condition none of which were fb newts.There were three Hong kong warty newts, three spotty tailed warty newts and two paddled tailed newts,he also had them in a tank containing tropical fish.He didn't like it when i started to point out his mistakes about temperature and newt types and said he had an inspection the previous day and nothing was said.
His reaction when i told him what in fact the newts were was.
WARTY NEWT errr fire belly sounds much better than warty newt, who's going to buy something called warty they might think they'll catch warts off them.Paddle tail sounds ok though are they worth more.I left without my blood worm with my blood boiling.

I'm not surprised.

Here is the nice way...

Just tell them that Warty newt and paddle tail are more expensive than Fire Belly newt and more rare. And a tank without heater save them money for the electricity.

Here is a little bit more mean,

.... (it will be banded anyway, so better not to say it. But you know how I feel...)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back