Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

So I went out herping and..............

J

john

I found out it was to cold yet around here in WI. There is water and it is nice out but there is still ice under the logs I turned up and so I speculate that the sals and frogs and toads are still underground. But, while I was walking in the woods a deer ran right up on me. The pictures I sent you are after like 10 min of standing still and me and the deer just lookin at eachother. Than it came closer and so I moved closer. All the other pics are <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>, I took like 20. Only these last 4 are any good, unless I was there to point it out you wouldnt be able to tell. The last pic is of the deer running away. Then I noticed another deer about 20 yards from me that was running with it. Sweet heah. It was so cool being that close and it not being afraid. It was so inquisitive. Anyways, thats it. Enjoy.

33388.jpg

33389.jpg

33390.jpg

33391.jpg

J

john

Not really. I could tell it wasnt scared. At first it was and then it settled down and became more inquisitive. When I moved to get a better picture, it moved closer to me.
bowl.gif

N

nicholas

You'll probably have better luck after the rain that just hit you. Waiting for it to hit Michigan right now. I don't care if it is 3am, haha, I'm heading out, regardless. I know I'll find Chorus Frogs, becuase I've been finding them the last 3 days, but I'll be searching for something new, initially. SALAMANDERS. OH, PLEASE SALAMANDERS.

(Message edited by xamphibiax on March 31, 2005)

J

john

Awsome. I want to find Chorus Frogs. I will today or tomarrow. And I will post my findings.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!