Airstone/ aerator

P

paul

Would it be ok to add an airstone or something to aerate the water or will this harm/ distress my C. Orientalis??

Thanks for any help

I would RECOMMEND having a small airstone. Just be sure it does not make ultra-fine bubbles or create a significant current. How big is the tank and what kind of filter does it have?

It is 24" x 12" x 18" high. The water is roughly 12" deep probably around 50-55 litres of water. It is filtered by a fluval 1 and i do a 30% water change every week.

It is planted with 2 small elodea and another plant which the newts love but I don't know the name .It doesn't have leaves it has needles.

There is a tower of rocks on 1 side with a piece of wood breaking the surface on top.

Thanks for your time,

Paul

Sounds great! I think the airstone will be helpful, especially if you get a film forming along the surface of the water.

i think i would get a film but the slight curent from the filter breaks it up.

Cheers i'll get one

ive got an airstone, i don't know what u mean by a film on the water. ive forgot my tanks measurements and i bought it yesterday!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back