First Tylototriton.org Newsletter!

wouter

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Mark and I are glad to announce that we will publish the first Tylototriton.org newsletter in a few days!

It is still possible to sign-in for this newsletter on our site. It will contain news about the Crocodile salamander genera, but also other East-Asian Salamandridae.

Have fun reading!

The first newsletter has been sent!

Those of you who forgot to subscribe but still would like to have it can sent me a PM and I'll make sure you get a copy.

Well done guys! Some interesting news and information. Thanks for sharing the habitat shots. Do you have any more?

Looking forward to the next issue!

Hi,

I signed up using the form on your website several weeks ago. But I did not get the newsletter. Can you please add me to the list: jpmacke "at" caudata.org

I got it and it is outstanding.

I too thought that it was awesome. I sent you(Mark Bakkers) an email regarding the young Tylototriton Verrucosus that you sell to maintain the site. DId you receive the email?

Will the newsletter be posted on the site? Or is it possible to have the issue sent again to people who just recently signed up? I just registered my email and would like to receive the newsletter.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I think we can put the newsletters on the site, so that they can be downloaded by everyone, Abrahm!

Thank you for all for the many positive feedback we've received!

@ Jennifer: you indeed subscribed and I've sent you the newsletter. I've got no idea why it didn't arrive (but you're not the only one who didn't receive it) . I've sent it again but now to your comcast account. Please let me know if it worked this time.

@Abrahm: if you sent me a PM I'll sent a copy to you.

@Richard: Yes I received your e-mail, but I'm a little behind on my e-mails I hope to catch up with them this weekend.

As Wouter already mentioned I hope to put the Newsletter on our site, somewhere next week (I hope).

Hi Mark
I didn't receive any newsletter as well. Can you try sending it again?
Cheers
Francesco

Hi Francesco,

I've mailed it again, but I get a response that it can't be delivered. The file is about 1 mb so perhaps that's the problem. Can you sent me an e-mail to which I can reply?

(Message edited by mark_bakkers on January 12, 2007)

Mark, I didn't get one either and suspect you may be having trouble with my email address. Please let me know...

Brian

Hi Brian, I think so to. All my e-mails from the past few weeks don't seem to arrive. I've sent an e-mail now with another account...

I received it now. Thank you, it's excellent! Keep up the good work!

I have a couple of questions about your studbooks: (1) Do you have any contact or cooperation with the studbooks kept by AG Urodela? There seems to be some degree of overlap. (2) Do you have any studbook participants who are on other continents (N. America or Asia)? Or are your studbooks intended to be primarily European?

Hi Mark,

Still no luck receiving your email. I've created a new email account for you to try. Please send me a test pm to caudataman@hotmail.com. Maybe that will fix our problem. I'm glad to hear it's an email problem. I was afraid you were mad at me!
lol.gif
I was able to get a copy of the newsletter. It is very well done. Only suggestion I can add is to number the pages so that they can be easily sorted when it is printed. I look forward to catching up with you!

@Jennifer: The Molch-register of T. shanjing doesn't seem to be very active these days. But we've been asked to 'revive' it. So yes, we do interact.
Our studbook has multiple aims. Two of the more important ones are the exchange of cb animals and the second to gather information on ecology, husbandry etc. Due to custom laws etc, it's very difficult to exchange animals with other continents. So while we do have quite a few project-members from other continents that share information with us, our cooperation is strictly limited to this aspect.

@Brian: I've tried it again
rofl.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back