Firebelly Newt

R

rob

Hey all,

I don't know if you remeber about the 'white' chinese firebelly I bought the other day. Well..I've been watching it and it's white has started to turn a brown. I believe it must have just been a really light grey during it's mating season.

Thing is though, when I compare it's belly pattern to my 6 existing chinese firebelly's it seems to be more of a dotted black instead of blotched pattern. Also, it's tail has the red stripe going down the bottom and the top. Other then it being a lighter brown colour currently and those two things it has skin texture, size and look of a chinese firebelly.

I was curious if I have a species other then a CFB or if this could just be a variation of the pattern? I ask because at the end of its quarentine I wanted to put it in with my CFB but now I'm not sure if it's a different species. It was in a tank with other firebellies and fit in pretty well.

Anywho, thanks for any advice.

Hi Rob, sounds like just a variation of a CFB. I'd go ahead and put it with the others.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back