What is he up to?

P

paris

i was told by the people across the hall from my shop that my one newt was acting strange and had been engaging in this behaviour for most of the day. im not sure what hes really doing, hes not in breeding condition. this is Cy, hes a one eyed taricha rivularis. i watched him for a while and he just stayed there-coming up on his toes to get air every once and a while.
27127.jpg

....i wonder if this is the caudate version of the lonely housewife and the well attended washing machine....

mine does that with the pothos. Taricha are just as weird as axies. lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back