Ned's Newt

TJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Tim Johnson
I just stumbled across this cartoon show in the U.S., involving a newt that's normally mild-mannered but undergoes a Popeye-like transformation when fed with a special food, after which it starts acting wacky, even doing Dolly Parton impersonations
lol.gif
Anybody seen it?

14233.jpg
14234.jpg
14235.jpg

(Message edited by TJ on April 07, 2004)

I've seen this before, when my younger brother was watching it on cartoon network
biggrin.gif

Yep it's been ona long time, the triton is a rip-off the genius in the Alladin movie. It's a pretty fun show though, for a kid anyway.

Funny I never heard of it...but then there's <u>a lot</u> I've never heard of since I've been away from the good ol' U.S. of A. for so, so long. Not that I think I'm really missing out on much
lol.gif

This show is actually Canadian. It gets a lot of play on Canadian cartoon stations. I like this one, but mostly for the references to other shows, actors, books, and theatre productions that become gags for Newton. I think adults will get more out of this show than kids, though. The references are pretty arcane sometimes, and kids won't get the ones from the black and white movies.
S.

it also plays alot in england it has been on tv or a couple of years now

Re: Ned&#39;s Newt

I just found this thread...some of these cartoons are available on YouTube. I just watched the theme song
YouTube - Ned's Newt Theme and End Theme

Go to YouTube and look up "Ned's Newt." The lyrics to the song are funny, he wanted a pet at the pet shop and "a newt was all he could get," like that's supposed to be sad!

(Was YouTube even around when this thread was started??)

This is my new favorite show. Maybe the Axolotls would like to watch it, too!

I prefer the newt before the food! he was cuter and didn't have teeth :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, old-school stuff! I saw this multiple times and had loads of fun.
Now, desgracefully I cant even find time to watch any television...

I'd like it better if the thing actually had any resemblence to a real newt.
And my newts do Dolly Parton impressions all the time.

And my newts do Dolly Parton impressions all the time.

I now realize I need to back this statement with evidence, so...here's the Fat Lady doing Dolly Parton:

Attachments

• dolly.jpg
    dolly.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,204

I now realize I need to back this statement with evidence, so...here's the Fat Lady doing Dolly Parton:
:lol:

Are you sure she is not being attacked by little pacmans?
Your graphic skills always amaze me Molch! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back