Salamanders at pet store

E

erik

I went back to the pet store today and saw that they had "Salamanders." Yes, "salamanders." I don't know what kind, and I doubt that they do, since all the markings on the tank said was "Salamander." Oh, and it also said "$11.99." Just thought that was humorous, and stupid.

The temp in their newt setup was almost 76 degrees, too. Awesome, huh?

hey erik , is that the dumb petco in usa?

find out what sallie, we want to know which one is being fried for dinner.

steve

It's just a local pet store. Mom-and-pop place. They sell "fire newts" and "salamanders" but they mainly deal with freshwater/tropical fish.

Eric:
By any chance are you in Long Island Ny?I ask because there is a petstore around here carries slimy-lined-spotted-marbled-fire-tiger salamanders and even mudpuppies besides newts.Not all in stock all the time but seasonal.

Sorry, nope. I'm in a little town called Dumas, TX right now. Just visiting for Christmas break. I spend most of the year in Lubbock, where they have a couple decent pet stores, but few that carry any kind of newt.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back