Ambystoma CC caresheets

J

jeff

The CC page for alot of the salamanders are just photos. I have been aware of this for some time but it occured to me recently that there are probably are going to stay that way for some time. If possible, I would volunteer to write up something short and sweet using some good reputable info and not just my own 2 cents.

http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Ambystoma/A_gracile.shtml

this species, along with a.macrodactylum (http://www.caudata.org/cc/species/Ambystoma/A_macrodactylum.shtml) has come up in help a few times recently and It would be nice to have some basics, if nothing else. I also have some great photos of older larvae that would be good for identification.

I would be happy to hear what Jen, or anyone else thinks of this.

Jeff

I think that would be a very good idea. Maybe You can get several members to help you with this situation. I wanted to know a little more about some of the other species as well.

If you have the references available, and are willing to write them up, please do Jeff. It's very kind of you to offer.
happy.gif

Have you kept both of those species? That is a first requirement. All the sheets that get posted on the site are reviewed by Ed, Nate, and I. In some cases, we have requested additional information to be added, or we have recruited an additional author to fill in what is missing.

In addition to the references you have, you may be able to get additional ones. And it may be possible for you to contact the people who have bred them in Europe (macrodactylum has been bred, I'm not sure about gracile).

Jen, I have kept them both, allthough I would like to bug someone like Paris for her imput on the macrodactylum as i have only kept those breifly.

The gracile, however, I feel like I may start working on something right away. I will let you know when I have something ready.

Jeff, I have been keeping A gracile for a little over 4 months now. E-mail me if you want to bounce ideas off or just see what is different, etc..

Thats not sarcasm is it Ed? Not sure what the one word post translates to...

Jeff, If I remember correctly Henk mentioned he was writing an article on the captive care of A.macrodactylum. As he's kept and bred then for many years he would be a good person to ask for help/info.
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back