Taricha Photos

P

pin-pin

Hello!

Life has been exciting post-graduation for me, but I wanted to drop by to ask for a very big favor!

In lieu of a wedding registry, we've decided to ask the guests at our wedding to give donations in our name to one of the parks here in California that has been incredibly rich in amphibian life.
happy.gif

However the ranger suggested that we could use some of the funds to create a sort of "interpretive display board" for the public to view. They started showing us displays for cougars, banana slugs, and birds! (The horror!)

So right now we're trying to assemble our own display with information about the noble Taricha
proud.gif
. I realized that there's a huge number of very good photographers in this forum. So, if you were dying to share even more Taricha photos, please do contact me or post them here!

I've been looking through the archives and if I do end up using any of the photos, I would definitely ask for permission and acknowledge you.

Enjoi,
Pin-pin

Can you give the address for donations to the hopefully-Taricha "interpretive display board" fund?

Jen, it's basically the wedding guests handing us a huge amount of cash instead of wedding gifts. At first we didn't want a display of any sort, but then the park person started e-mailing us examples of the "cougar awareness" displays! Think of the horror! Our names attached to displays about non-amphibious creatures!
smile6.gif

The main idea for the design is a description of the Taricha life cycle, the toxins of the Taricha (maybe it'll even help deter people from letting their dogs into the breeding ponds
violent.gif
) and maybe some identification hints between the subspecies.

We're already looking at 20K with a possibility into the 40K from a corporate matching fund, so we're actually doing pretty good in terms of the cash. Monetary donations are not only unnecessary from this forum, but it would also require that I write additional thank you cards.
happy.gif

However, if you're talking about "photo" donations, you can send me a private message, which I'll really start checking my email...now!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back