Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New newts

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
im gettin 2 chinese fire belly newts this week and i am settin up my tank now so that it will be ready when i come home.the tank that im gettin is a 10 gallon tank.im goin 2 put like a floating plastic lillypad in the water.i thing im goin 2 put about 4 gallons of natural spring water in the tank.im not really sure what im going 2 do with the land part yet.any suggestions would be extremely helpful.
smile.gif

B

benjamin

That seems pretty good for the most part. The only problem is chinese firebellies tend to be slightly more aquatic then they are terrestrial, so I would have less land, possibly just a floating piece of cork with some moss in it in a tank that size. I'ld also try to give them more than 4 gallons of water space.

P.S. This is a forum, not a chat room or an IM convo. Try and use slightly more formal grammar, you'll also find it can help people understand you better.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1