Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Newts in Audubon Magazine

D

dawn

I just got the March-April copy of Audubon magazine and the cover has a rough-skinned newt on it. The article is about "phibs" (a new term for me) in Opal Creek Forest Center near Portland, Oregon. It also mentions "phib freaks" who watch them in the spring. So there's a new term to add to "newt geeks" and "newt nerds". I won't get to read the article until I work next, though, because that's where I get all my reading done.

F

foster

I read the article a few hours ago and really enjoyed it. Opal Creek sounds like a truly wonderful place to visit. I plan on ordering the amphibian book from the website www.opalcreek.org
Chip

F

foster

I received my copy yesterday. I have not had a chance to exam it closely yet however by just flipping through it seems to be very well done. The photography is great.
Chip

D

dawn

Yes, I like mine too; I read it at work. I liked that it showed where/what kind of habitat to look for each species when you visit the park. The package also included a brochure of programs offered there. It makes me really want to go and visit!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!