Book, Guide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Japan

Henk Wallays bought one in Gersfeld from Chimaira book store. So perhaps he can help on that. I only had a quick view and saw the pictures were not that good, and someone else pointed to me that sadly there is no good literature reference in the chapters, so you never know where the information given comes from. Which is sad if you want to trace down the original source.

Hi all
I got that book, and the references are more than bad. Another problem is less information about subspecies and "Forms" of C.ensicauda and C.pyrrhogaster,...
The photos, representing these species, are just named "C.E." and "C.p.".
Talking of Reptiles, Some Trimeresurus are Protobothrops or Ovophis now, some Lizard photos are very bad to identify on pics,...
Information in textures is very rare, especially data about temperatures etc. is missing,...
Only for collectors.
Greets
P

Thanks, I can move it down my list of must get books then.

Ed

Wel Ed I have not bought this book.. serge probably drunk a beer too much there
proud.gif

I have however been offered some copies of the hynobius part to read it through (the images were thus not brilliant since B/W ) However it was enough to make me anoyed : Hynobius dunni seems to have been forgotten and that's enough to get into trouble with me !!
evil.gif

Well I hope they have forgotten , if now they tell it is no longer a valid species !!
Anyway regarding dunni : it seems this species is now currently considered endangered instead of vulnarable...Seems the habitat loss is large only 500 square km left and these are very veru fragmented

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back