Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Pond observation chamber

G

geo

New web site at www.pondwatch.org.uk shows construction of underground observation chamber plus work hut. Built primarily for watching newts but great for observing everything else in the pond eco-system.

morg

Reaction score
Geo
That is amazing.
Pity I have neither the money or the space in my small garden to build such a thing.
Thank you for sharing this with us though.

R

ralf

Hey Geo,
quite inspiring info and a very nice website.
biggrin.gif

Ralf

N

nate

That is absolutely fantastic. Someday, when I own some property, I will definitely build one.

neil

Reaction score
What a splendid piece of work, not only design and build of the observatory but also the web site. It reminded me of a minature version of the manatee observatory at Homosassa Springs in Florida.

You should have an open day.

Neil

G

geo

Thanks everyone for the encouraging postings - very much appreciated!

Geo

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1