European Caudata Captive Breeding site Project

Y

yago

Hi everyone
Thank you all for your information about legal captive breeding. The proposal of creating a captive breeding site of European caudates is now a real project, which may happen only with everyone’s help. I have check out the laws and I do need a zoo license.
I don’t want you to get bored with all the paperwork, site maps…But, you may be interested about the project. I am writing a report about the importance of European caudata and their captive breeding. The proposal is already quite long and still in progress, since there are some many issues to consider about conservation, scientific importance…
As soon as I finish it I will translate some paragraph and report them in the forum. I would like to involve all the enthusiasts, specially herpetologists, biologists, veterinarians, scientific researchers and so on in such enterprise by providing any comments and their support. Those comments will have a tremendous importance on the resolution of all the paperwork. Therefore, I encourage everybody to participate and back up such enterprise. You may do so by e-mailing me at yagoag@teleline.es providing your names, ID number and your profession, especially if you are herpetologist, biologist, veterinarian, scientific researcher…
Thank you all for your collaboration
I will inform you of any progress in the matter
Sincerely
Yago Alonso

Hi Yago,

this sounds promising! Please keep us posted!

More via PM...
happy.gif

(BTW, do you really need a zoo license if you don't plan to display them?)

Best wishes,
kai

Thank you Kai for your support. For sure I will keep you inform by e-mail. I have check out the paperwork in my region and I do need a zoo registration, regardless you have a circus, a zoo, a pet shop or a breeding site. I do need a proposal, which I am developing at the moment. I am trying to highlight the importance of caudate captive breeding and their scientific interest. For example, in the field of scientific interest I am reporting information about:
-Caudata remarkable regenerative capabilities (regeneration of limbs, tail, eye lenses, retinas, upper and lower yaws, dorsal crests, spinal cord, and heart ventricles)
-The importance of Ambystoma mexicanum in the field of embryology
-Caudata skin secretions with antimicrovial, antibiotic, and antiviral properties and their chemical with pain-killing properties
-Caudata mucus as a glue to repair damage to internal organs
-The salamandrella keyserlingii and other caudate such as Ambystoma laterale antifreeze properties and so on.
I do appreciate any information about caudate scientific, medical, biological relevance as well as the importance of caudate availability for research proposes, enthusiasts, herpetogist, biologist, zoos, introduction of local caudate in pond gardens…
Please, don’ hesitate to inform me about any relevant issue, information…
I expect to hear from everybody
Sincerely
Yago

Yago - this sounds like a promising and intriguing endeavor that will benefit all. Keep us all posted on how this comes along. If you need any help you can also e-mail me.

Good luck!

Mark

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back