S

sharon

i currently have one japanese firebelly newt. i made the mistake of buying a rough skin newt also but sadly he didnt make it. he was my fave too
sad.gif

my firebelly is happy enough tho, hes eating, and active and there are a few ghost shrimp in with him to eat what he misses altho i believe a few became his dinner as i originally put 6 in there and all i can see are 2. He is in a ten gallon with 2 rock ledges one on the surface for his land area and the other about an inch and a half below the water level. there is about 6 inches of water in the tank. no heater, a small world filter wich doesnt produce a current wich is cool. i have a coupel of fake plants that he likes to rest on. im trying to get some live java moss for in there. there is also this big ugly peach with white stripes rock that has a few caves in it he likes to crawl through. Its a natural rock too. what an eyesore, yuck. i have a background of tree roots wich make the tank look awesome. well it looked good before i added the peach colored rock. He likes the rock so i guess it has to stay.

there is another japanese firebelly at the petshop who is active adn eating and looks in good shape. he is slightly bigger then the one i have tho. im thinking of buying him, but i wanna know what you guys think. if yall think its a bad idea then i wont do it. i dont wanna make the mistake again.
thanks.

sharon

Hey Sharon,

If it's the same species it should be ok, but make sure to keep the new one seperate until you can be sure it's healthy and won't make your current one sick. Keeping it seperated for about a month would be great.

Rob

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back