Baking Wood?

C

chris

How long and at what temperature should I bake a branch to kill all current bacteria or micro organisms on it? By the way the branch is from an oak tree.

Thanks

I don't mean to be rushing but I need to know as soon as possible. Also how do I bake( on a pan or just the branch,etc)? Please.

Thank You so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

er, probably in a pan, so you dont get your oven dirty. I'd say at 400F for 30 mins would be adequate.... at least, our autoclave runs at 121C for 15 mins but at 17atm... so I'm just making a educated guess.

As long as you are aware that this will not affect spore forming infectious bacteria such as mycobacterium unless you can autoclave it.

Ed

i was foolish 2 years ago whan i had an eastern newt and i didnt boil it ( the wood) and my newts died, i thought there would be food in the wood. but now i know

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back