Pics

C

chris

I noticed that some people have a pic under the username next to their posts. Is this administrators only thing or can anyone do this. If so, how?
Chris

Anyone can do it, click on "profile" on the menu bar and set your user profile.

bowl.gif
It's a different procedure, but you can also have photos/images in your signature - use the discus tag
\imagelink{http://myhost.com/myphoto.jpg}

By the way, in case no one has noticed, I've added a bunch of new smilies. Here are the smilies available for messages:
alien.gif
(for Nate),
angel.gif
angry.gif
animal.gif
artist.gif
biggrin.gif
blob.gif
blush.gif
bowl.gif
crazy.gif
cry.gif
dizzy.gif
errr.gif
evil.gif
famous.gif
frog.gif
happy.gif
hat.gif
kiss.gif
lame.gif
lick.gif
lol.gif
love.gif
nono.gif
pirate.gif
proud.gif
rofl.gif
sad.gif
shocked.gif
sick.gif
signs.gif
smile.gif
smile3.gif
smile6.gif
smile7.gif
talker.gif
uhoh.gif
violent.gif
wacko.gif
wink.gif
yawn.gif
yin-yang.gif
and my personal favourite:
smile9.gif

Just testing
my wife had this sig made for me, so Im just testing to see if it works.

I'm also trying out something, I'm not sure from who te picture is I've taken, but I hope it's OK!

I bet the name "coen" is pretty weird for you guys huh :p

Well Coen,
this is a Cynops pyrrhogaster sasayama-male and the original photo was taken by me. There are two possible sources for this pic on the internet and from both sources it is possible to contact me.
Frankly, I think you should have asked me, before using it. Please use one of your own pics, Coen.

Ralf

Allright, I didn't expect anyone to bother but if it's so important to you, I'll gladly use another one...

<font color="ff0000">Coen - it bothers me immensely, and it bothers me even more now because I am pretty sure you don't own _that_ photo either (the Triturus marmoratus male). If you continue to use images that belong to other people without permission, I will ban you from Caudata.org. This goes for anyone else who has similar ideas. You have been warned.</font>

Even though I don't use this picture commercially, more for fun, I'll delete them from my profile. When I get my Digicam back I'll create some of my own. Sorry guys, I couldn't imagine you'd care if I used this pics just for this forum to make things a bit nicer.

I got the second pic from Herp.it, and indeed it says: "No part of this work may be used for commercial purposes without the written permission of the authors." So I guess it's okay for me to use it just here, but I'll just leave that one, it's not even fun anymore.

Coen, it is ok to use pictures if you have received permission from the person who owns the photo before you use it. Most people won't mind but they deserve to be asked - after all, you wouldn't like it if someone took your newts without asking, would you? It's the same problem with the photos.

Yes I certainly understand, I have created a lot of graphic designs myself and I know how it is to see your own work ripped of. I'll be more cautious with photos in the future. Seeing this as a pretty close community, I didn't thought one would bother if he used just 1 pic for a signature and/or avatar.

Coen, thats just like me taking one of your designs and signing it off as my own. you'd be outraged if you spent the time working on it and i just took it without permissino and said "ha, i made this!" its not fair to others. all you need to do is ask permission and it wouldnt bother anyone.

Well kaysie, I never said I took the picture myself. I said sorry, I'm sorry it happened, it won't happen again, you know my thoughts about it, and that's about it! I don't want to get banned because of me choosing "save picture as" and then making it into my signature. I don't even care that much about a signature anyway, I just thought it would be nice. I thought wrong, hey I'm 20 years old and I make mistakes everyday. I've learned from this one. And yes i'd be outraged if someone took my designs, that's kinda what I said in the post above right?

I hope there are no hard feelings after this, I thought of this as a nice community and I'm hoping my thoughts were correct. I had no bad intentions when I took the picture. Maybe I sound lame but maybe that's just because I'm dutch and can't express myself good enough or maybe I'm just lame. That's up to you to decide!

-Coen

I think Coen got the point a few messages back. Let's leave it be now shall we.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back