Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Reptile show

D

dane

So I went to my first reptile show this past sunday, it was a fun experience. I was however disapointed there weren't any amphibians but it was still fun
smile6.gif
(I did get a ball python though)

A

alberto

I went to one about a month and a half ago and I had a similiar experience. Only a few frogs and the rest were reptiles! The man that had the few frogs had many lizards for sell and I ask him about newts and he told me that right now is to hot to ship them in. That I should have better luck in the fall and winter!

J

joan

Ball pythons are good pets. I have 4 rescued BP's.

Amphibians, especially salamanders, are quite underrepresented at shows. I try to take mine to every educational outreach we do.

J

jazz

I went to the reptile breeders' show in Pomona a few weeks ago and was also very disappointed to see only three fire salamanders there. I was hoping that maybe since newts aren't as known by themselves as reptiles that the newt people would jump in and contribute a stall or two. Tons of poison dart frogs, turtles, and chameleons. Only three lonely salamanders. Oh well, we've got to organize and spread the word I guess.
happy.gif

D

dane

yeah the closest thing to salamanders was a book on how to care for them

J

jameswei

Ive seen paddle tails, mudskippers, axolotls, fire salamanders, and a tritrus marmouts. But that is still an extreemy lpoor show.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I know their are always lots of salamanders at the Hamburg, Pa., Havre De Grace, Md, Lancaster, Pa, Mid Atlantic, and International Amphibian Days shows. Usually your best bet is just to get some c.b. ones on line.

Oh yea. The next Hamburg, Pa show is Aug 5, 06.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!