I got newts!

J

jason

Okay, I caved and bought a FB and an Eastern Newt. They're in separate 10 gallon tanks. The FB's tank is half filled with water, and is sparsely planted. The Eastern's tanks is more terrestrial, but still has a good sized pool. Now, I plan to have a 20L tank for some more FB. Can you guys do me a big favor and post pics and suggestions for a large FB tank. Also, if you can find any pics of good EN tank setups, that'd be awesome! Thanks in advance!!!!

Their tank setup depends on if they are terrestrial juvies or aquatic adults for both species.Good job with keeping them separate.Good luck.

Okay, well the newts survived their first day. Hoorah! As soon as I find my wallet *cough cough* I'll be heading to Petsmart to buy lots of stuff...

A 20L tank to turn into a CFB sanct...lots of plants. I have a good idea what plants I want, since I picked up the Pop Amphibs AVS book... I'm still debating amongst big pebbles, sand, or no substrate...what do you guys think?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back