Cynops Orientalis Protected?

C

coen

I mailed a person from who I know he sold Chinese Firebelly's a couple of years ago, but he says he can't sell them anymore because they are protected. Is that true? I live in Holland btw if that matters...

I can currently order them by the thousands for less than $.40 each from wholesalers out of China. Protected? I really doubt it.

~Aaron

Isn't there any official statement available somewhere which I can show him?

I'll just keep on searching I guess...
happy.gif

I find them all over pet stores. Actually, that's the only newt these stores ever have. haha

No, FB's are not protected (yet). Right now they're available at HCH Bussum.

Han.

Wow, they also have Taricha granulosa, thanks Han, I'll investigate this HCH some more!

Hmm, too bad Bussum is a bit too far for people living in the southwest of holland
sad.gif
But thanks anyway!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back