Favourite and strangest colour for axolotls

M

matt

Just thought seeing that I am an axolotl fan I would like to see everybodys favourite and strangest colour for axolotls. Heres Mine

Favourite colour: Black

Strangest colour: believe it or not I saw the strangest colour for an axolotl on a web page GREEN!

probably albino is my favouritest and the strangest and probabaly ugliest is pinkn.

Hay I wonder what would happen if you breed a green axolotl with a pink axolotl?

where did u see the green axolotl? if u can get the pic again u should post it ere (you just have to say who took the picture below it).

this is the picture if you want meore I can get some more
1164.jpg

Oh what the heck his another one do you think its real or a fake?
1165.jpg

Fake. It's either been doctored or is a bizarre film/lighting effect of that particular camera. No salamander is that color.

Oh well but could you imagine an axolotl that colour, if I saw one I would buy it in a second!

I guesse if thats a fake my new weirdest colour would have to be: white with pink gills.

Hi, I am in New Zealand, Hamilton to be exact and I would very much like an albino, or failing that a leucistic axy. Im not having much luck finding one though... I currently have two wild types that are very groovy, if anyone is in NZ and is able to give me some info I would be very grateful,

Thanks
Helen

the first pic just looks like a green light or something is on it and the second one it looks black with a green top half of its body, and its fat as.

I think the green afect is probably cuased by a green light because if you look at the 2nd pic you can see that the bridge ornament is green.

yeah i noticed that. just wasnt sure if that was it making em look green.

I know this might sound bizzare but could it be alot of algai that has spread onto the axy?

nah i doubt it, it doesnt look like it.

The green on that axoltl seems to me to be the same shade of green behind the words in the first pic. Nate, as for no sallie being that color, you'll have to take a look at a pic of some of my new P.caudos (lol). I have five color variations among my axoltls and wonder how many more are out there. The goldens are by far my favorites.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back