A really nice little field guide

S

sara

In case anyone likes to go out in the field and finds field guides useful... I just purchased a really nice one for the Pacific Northwest. It is Amphibians of Oregon, Washington and British Columbia, by Corkran and Thoms. Published by Lone Pine Publishing. I own multiple field guides since many contain different information. This one uses easy to read charts to maximize info, and contains everything+ that is in all my others combined (I'm talking field guides, not Petranka). It has multiple photo's of each stage for each species, and really clear, complete, habitat and density info to go along with the distribution maps. As well as... all kinds of good stuff! All in 173 pages with a plasticized cover that slips in a side pocket. Just thought I'd share
happy.gif
}

Does it have any info on Taricha granulosa mazamae or any pics?

~Aaron

It has some wonderful pictures of eggs, hatchlings, larva and 2 adult photos. Lots identification and habitat info. It is not specific about subspecies. I'd love to know more about subspecies, there is a very large population in a public garden near my house.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back