When do you become more then a junior?

D

dane

When do you become more then a junior? Meaning how many post do you have to do.

This is a question only asked by kids, please do not start incessant posting to change your member status. It's happened before on this site a few times and it annoys everybody as this is a profesional site and it shouldn't be full of irrelavent posts
This member status is by no means a reflection of a persons expertise in our field.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>Andy Baker wrote on Sunday, 29 January, 2006 - 13:14 :</font>

"This is a question only asked by kids, please do not start incessant posting to change your member status. It's happened before on this site a few times and it annoys everybody as this is a profesional site and it shouldn't be full of irrelavent posts
This member status is by no means a reflection of a persons expertise in our field."
<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I totally agree with you Andy. The degree of knowledge you have on caudates doesn't depend on the number of posts you have.

No problem Dane, i don't mean to come across as rude but check through the archives and you'll see what i mean!
wink.gif

Whilst I agree with your sentiments and do not condone inane posting Andy, I feel that your response was a little harsh and although Dane’s question is a leading one, it would be unfair to judge him on it. Dane hangs out in the axie forum where topics are often less scientific and more conversational than the rest of the forum (lets face it, with pet names such as “Spanky” or “Binkey” etc, things will be less formal). If you read his first post you will see that he came here for genuine help with a very sick animal that eventually had to be put down after lots of helpful advice from axie fans. I think young people should be encouraged to learn and as long as their posts are polite and constructive it should not be an issue.

Dane - I don’t know the answer to your question and as said by Andy you shouldn’t post just to change your status. Why not donate some cash, it doesn’t have to be much, and become a “donor”? Much better than worrying about how many posts you have.

I'd have to agree with those above. Number of posts are not important. And incessant posting never leads to anything good. Although, I believe it is something like 50 posts to become more than a junior member maybe. I'm not sure.

Donate some money. I keep procrastinating it but eventually I will too.

Active Member is after Junior Member. You get there at 100 posts.

Andy was trying to be helpful but his message could have been taken incorrectly. He makes a fair point though.

Some of the most knowledgeable members of the forum are still _new_ junior members, let alone junior members. I would argue that I'm an advanced amateur and not an expert on much more than axolotls, so my post number means little.

In any case, welcome to the forum, Dane, and I'm sorry to hear about your little fella. Thanks for sticking around - I know you can help others avoid what you experienced.

Best wishes,

-John

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back