Information concerning contribution

F

frank

I hope that I can reach anyone of the caudata.org forum with this message. I have tried to contact John twice concerning this matter but I didn't receive any answers. I contributed to the forum with a donation some three months ago but I did not receive any proof of my payment by the forum itself (apparently I haven't been included in the donator population...) although I got my proof of payment through the bank... Do I have to do anything else?
Thanks

Same has happened to me. I donated back in March and didn't hear a thing.
sad.gif

The only person who can address this is John Clare. Clearly, you deserve a response, but John does not seem to have time to deal with Caudata.org these days. However, he still seems to be paying the hosting cost to keep us online, so I assume that the donations are needed and appreciated.

This is however of course a true concern. If John hasn't got the time, he should create a back-up. I don't hope anything bad happens to him, but what if so? The site is his creation, but it should also have a life if John hasn't got the time. There should be a second person assisting him to keep this site alive and to keep posting or donating people informed.

You are right Serge. It doesn't make sense to have a community site with thousands of members reliant on one person, who evidently doesn't have time. Donations are clearly important in keeping the site online but not thanking or acknowledging donors can only have a negative affect in the longterm. There are lots of dedicated, enthusiastic and helpful users on this forum who would probably love to help out given the chance...

this is one of the best and only sites that i cam across in finding newt care info. if i didn't have caudata, i wouldn't have newts!

Hi all,

I've sent word to john regarding this and hopefully he can respond soon. He mentioned to me the last time we spoke about having received some substantial donations recently and he needed to acknowledge them. He is very busy and I hope you all will accept my apology on his behalf.

I apologise sincerely for the lack of response to donations in the last few months. I've compiled a list of donations since January 1st 2005 and I'll be posting this in the Caudata.org Announcements/News section in the next few minutes. By the time that is posted, all donors who do not currently have donor status on the forums will have had their status adjusted appropriately. I will also post addressing concerns regarding management and funding of the site.

Edit: Here is the link to the list of donors and donations http://www.caudata.org/forum/cgi-bin/show.cgi?tpc=6&post=59289#POST59289

Hi John,

Thanks a lot to sort things out. I think you have done a tremendous job creating this absolutely leading forum. Perhaps you might consider the remark of Sergé to delegate some of your responsabilities?

Thanks again,

Frank

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back