Apologizes + worried bout French "urodelism"

M

marie-sophie

Hi everybody,

Maybe you know that I still don't feel very confortable on this forum, in reference about my posts about "french arrogant breeders". So, I really would like to make "public apologizes" if anybody have been offensed.
I hope everybody will forgive me ! I know this forum was not the right place to say such things.

But you know what ? I'm still agressed verbally almost everyday (by dozains of mails) by the "newt keeper - serious french breeder", the one who was so nasty with me when I asked for his collaboration, and made me over-react. Well, that's not funny... So, what's next ?? A bomb ? I don't know who he is (just a stupid pseudo on a forum and an obscure e-mail address).
I think that's really a shame that people like that are still present on some forums and are still allowed to "give advices" to newbies, or whatever.
Well, I don't want to interfer with the moderators of the forums concerned about this individual (I don't like this kind of procedures).
So, this person gives advices to newbies, probably thinking that is a "spiritual mission" or he's the best for that, or whatever... but at the same time agress a professionnal writer writing about newts ??? Jealousy, probably.

I'm really worried about french "urodelism", because we are not so many, and that's really a SHAME this kind of event can occur.

Oops, sorry for the mistakes in the text (I typed it too fast)...

we have had people like that in the past too, they eventually move on. im not against debate or even playing 'devil's advocate' when it can prove insightful. but there are people out there (of all nationalities) who seem to delight in being right at all costs, and some enjoy badgering via email and in the chat. i am personally unaware of your personal issue (im not on a lot lately) but if its any consolation, this stuff occurs everywhere where you have human interaction, and is made a little worse when dealing with written communications. if it does however seem legitimately threatening, then a moderator should be consulted.

Hi Marie-Sophie,
I agree to Paris, and i think this is a phenomenon often occuring in internet forums. So I hope you don`t take it too personally and don`t leave this forum.
Olaf

Marie-Sophie,

don't feel unpleasant. If this person still threatens you he seems like a very sick person and we should try to find out who he is.
Does he appear on this forum as well? If so we can try to do something about it, that is up to the moderators.
But personally if you can send me (private) his e-mail adress or one of his writings I can get in touch with the more decent french keepers (and there is a nice group as you know). Perhaps we can then find out who he/she? is. People can differ in opinion but there is no need to be aggressive.

I would just block his e-mails and forward any previous e-mails to the moderators. There appears to be a hint of sociopathic behavior that is not worth engaging nor pursuing at any rate.

Hi everybody,

I had already blocked his e-mails, but I still have them in my junk mails folder (so I know he still sends me a lot of mails...).
Fortunately, he's not on this forum (I think), but is still on few french forums.
I told that to the moderators, but this guy acts "normally" on forums, and the moderators said that what happen "via e-mails" is private, so it do not depend on them. Well, it's true.

I don't take that too personnally, because I know it can happen on forums, but that's the first time i see such an obstination. This person is really a sociopathic...
And of course, I'm totally open to all kind of debates and I totally agree that every one has his own opinion.
But in this case the problem is : this event has nothing to do with something we are not agree about. I just asked for some collaboration with french breeders, and this person instantly agressed me, we did not even talk about anything before !
And why is he/she so agressive ??? What the point ??? It's about the writing of a book, it's not about war, religion, morale or something like that ! What is bad in writing a book about newts and ask the collaboration of some serious breeders ?
Well, I still do not understand.

Well, some people are just mad. No way of changing that. I can understand that you want to try to understand him, if being reasonable with someone who isn't is a waste of time. And in the end you should not lower yourself to his level. Just ignore and enjoy the people who react positively!
P.s. I heard from my french connections (is that a movie?) that he/she is for sure not a person belonging to the french salamander and newt group.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back