Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What should a Terranium include

M

matt

I am thinking about morphing some young axys and was wondering how you guys set your teraniums up? (e.g. do you put the water in a swall dish, do you have rocks, do you have dirt etc.)
Any advice would be greatly epreciated

M

matt

Ok if no one knows what a terrerium is I will use more salamanda speach, does anyone know what a terresteriel setup should include?

A

andy

my terrarium consists of soils, moss and bark.....it is misted every day and my morphed axy is happy as larry

M

matt

oh and do you keep a small dish of water in the terreteriel setup? and do you keep the soil moist and how big is your setup?

K

kai

Matt, whining if you don't receive an answer (within 18 h!) is bound to stop responses from any but the most forthcoming folks. And doing some homework yourself helps, too - check out the caresheets for ambystomatids at Caudatecentral.

Misting is spraying water, especially . Don't overdo it - many Ambystoma are kept too wet. Providing a gradient of soil humidity and assorted hiding places should tell you which humidity is most preferred. A water dish isn't necessary, especially if the soil allows digging - there's a reason why these guys are called mole salamanders...

Best wishes,
kai "I don't spell-check either
happy.gif
"

M

matt

I have done some home work, but I wanted to find out what you guys did
anyway how big is your terresteral setup

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!