San Gabriel salamander

R

raphael

Just wanted to know if anybody was interested in this species, I'm currently in an area where I could find some specimen and I know that the populations are dwindling. If anybody was SERIOUSLY interested in a breeding project for this species I might be able to obtain some.

Raphael, regarding your other post, I would say that I am in favor of people collecting WC animals for their own use within the letter of the law. However, I am not in favor of collecting specimens from "dwindling populations" and offering them openly on a public forum.

I think the San Gabriel Sal is already protected from collection.

Actually the animals are from a herpetological society. They are trying to keep them from completely disappearing and collect only a few every other year.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back