Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tiger Salamander?

A

adam

I was givin a salamander a couple of months ago and I have been wondering what it is. I posted a picture on another site and they said it might be a tiger. The people kept it in a fish tank half filled with water and fed it goldfish pellets and told me to do the same. I still keep it in the tank with water but feed it canadian nightcrawlers instead of the pellets cause i read they are better for em. Any info you can give me will be appreciated.

42078.jpg

42079.jpg

J

joan

Definately a tiger. Not a bad looking tiger. Will be magnificent with proper care. Good luck, Adam.

J

john

Looks like the grey morph Tiger that sometimes gets sold here in the south as a "water dog" in its larval form.

A

adam

I've got some soil now but before I put it in the tank I have got a question.
How should I keep the soil damp?

M

mark

Get hold of a water sprayer and mist the tank daily. If you place bark hides, moss and leaf litter in the tank this will help retain moisture in the soil. Try to create a moisture gradient with some areas of the tank drier than others, allowing the inhabitant to osmoregulate.

J

joan

If you go to a local walmart or such, go into the girls haircare section, and look for 'travel size' soap carriers tooth brush holders, and they should have some nice spray bottles. That's where I get mine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!